2010 Fall Concert
“Orchestra Macabre, an afternoon of Orchestral Music for things that go bump in the night!”
This concert will be held at two venues.
Saturday, October 16th at 2:00 p.m.,
at the Heyde Center for the Arts in Chippewa Falls
Sunday, October 17th at 4:00 p.m.,
at the University of Wisconsin - Barron County Fine Arts Theatre.
Tickets are available at the door on the day of the concert. Prices are $12 for adults, $5 for students 10 & up and children 9 & under are free.
Click to download a Program of the performance
The String Connection, a group of string players out of the Eau Claire/Chippewa Falls area who are students of Susan Halderman, cellist, who performs with the RCSO regularly, will provide prelude music and be joining the orchestra on the “Haunted Handel”.
Some of the pieces on our program include:
- Bach: “Komm, Suesser Tod (Come, Sweet Death)”
- Gounod: “Funeral March of a Marionette”, better known as the Alfred Hitchcock theme
- Dohnanyi: “Jolly Funeral March from The Veil of Pierrette”
- Chopin: “Funeral March from Sonata No. 2”
- Berlioz: “March to the Scaffold”
- Strauss: “Thunder and Lightening Polka”
- Grieg: “Ase's Death - In the Hall of the Mountain King” from Peer Gynt
- G.F. Handel: Concerto Grosso IV Op. 6, No. 4.
If you would like additional information about RCSO, please contact Mary Updike, 715-434-5281 or go to our website: www.redcedarsymphony.org. RCSO is sponsored in part by a grant from the WI Arts Board and the National Endowment for the Arts. Please help support the arts in Wisconsin by contacting your legislator and letting them know how much you enjoy the richness and diversity of our local arts and please join us for some “music for things that go bump in the night!”